Friday, May 13, 2005

Dear all,

Welcome to the first posting to our new teflpodcasting blog. I hope this will prove a useful forum for developing this idea and we can build up a comprehensive selection of links and attract an active membership. This replaces the Global Village blog that didn't really go anywhere, but then neither did GV in the end. I hope in this case we're barking up the right tree - personally I feel very optimistic, not to mention excited, about the potential of podcasting as a teaching tool and learning resource. I've had good feedback from my students already and the idea of using material from my podcast as authentic listening material with a whole class has worked well. I'm particularly looking forward to developing links to a wide selection of podcasts, both in terms of developing ideas in this area and find useful sources of authentic materials. so over to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger blog-efl said...

Great idea to set this up Steve. I-ve just joined and I will be posting something later on

1:33 pm  
Blogger johnkuti said...

I do my recording on minidisk and then convert into mp3 using a rather laborious process. I'd love to find a way to make high quality mp3 recordings "on the fly"...

12:45 pm  
Blogger blog-efl said...

Hi John. I've also used a minidisk recorder, and agree that the pain is the inability to record as mp3.

I've recently just got hold of an iriver mp3 player that not only has a built-in mic, but also a line out which you can attach a mic to. I've tried it out once or twice so far and it's not bad.

I also recommend downloading Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), a powerful (and free) sound editor for the PC and Mac.

8:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

8:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home