Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Podcasting is the Macmillan dictionary's current word of the week ....
And they credit Adam Curry with popularising the term. I used his "soundseeing" tour of Schipol airport in a lesson (with a group of computer programmers) but actually I guess the subject was "pointless but interesting behaviour" rather than airports per se. I set them a lot of mp3s as homework on a kind of "extensive listening" concept. Ideal for coporate clients with a shared drive on their networks. Everyone can access the sound whenever they want.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I listened to Curry's article from the Sean Ellis link on the way home last night - hey I'm taking podcasting thing seriously. He does come across as a something of a pioneer and the quality of content and production seems to be streets ahead of others. I'd be interested to hear of other material you've used successfully.

6:36 pm  
Blogger blog-efl said...

I've been listening to Adam Curry for a while now, and he really is the pioneer of podcasting. His show acts as a hub for podcasting and he promotes other podcasts, and gives out ideas to people on how to produce podcasts as well as the types of shows that could be done. I remember listening to one show when he was discussing the idea of people who were keen to get podcasting but didn't know where to start to do a podcast aimed at blind listeners.

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home